Translate

Sunday, October 26, 2014

At the Movies Pt. 2

Howdy, y'all!  Thanks for joining me.  We're going to get right back into it.  So, let's get it!  Remember, this week we're talking about endurance.  Any guesses on who said this, "What would you have me do, Alfred?"  Alfred says, "Endure, Master Wayne."  Now, come on.  The names make it easy for you.  I'll wait while you think...  You, sir.  You have the answer?  Ok, go ahead.  Good guess, but no, sir.  It's not from Chariots of Fire.  But there may be something coming from that movie in future posts.  So, keep the eyes of your inbox peeled and wide open.  The aforementioned lined comes from The Dark Knight.  Alfred says it to Bruce Wayne after Bruce admits to being perplexed on how to handle the Joker.


"Endure, Master Wayne."  We'd all do well to endure when things look bleak and we'd like to quit.  When hope seems all but lost.  Yes, it's easier to run away.  Yes, it's easier to give up.  But there's no fun in that stuff!  Dear readers, we must learn to smile in the fire.  When things are heating up around us, we must learn to sit still.  It's a bit early for y'all to be talking to me, but go ahead.  "Eric, how on earth am I supposed to sit still in the midst of a fire?!  Have you gone mad, man?!"  No, I'm not..."Well, there's something wrong, because you're talking crazy!"  Actually, I'm...  "And this better be good, because I'm not sure how much more of this fire I can take!"  Wow.  A lot to say?  Ok, now it's my turn.  Here's the thing.  When we're in the fire, it's never without a greater purpose.  A far greater purpose than we can see or know at the time.  In fact, if we knew all that was going on during the times that we're in the fire, many of us would ask for more fire.  Yes, I said it.  We.  Would.  Ask.  For.  More.  

Because we all want to be our best, right?  We want our character to honorable.  Don't we?  Of course we do.  That's why we must endure the fire.  Just as Alfred said to Bruce.  We must "Take it."  The biggest difference between Bruce and us?  We're not relying on ourselves.  Oh.  You are?  Well, that explains a lot.  No wonder you can't figure some things out.  You already know where I'm going.  Your trust should be in the Lord.  You know that, maaaan!  "I know Eric, but..."  No buts!  That's how you get caught up.  It's how you mess up!  Buts will mess you up!  Buts are the reason that you've got to learn to be still.  In fact, peep this.



2. Stop striving.    

If you will stay in the fire--and I strongly encourage you to do so--you'll come out of it much better off than you were before you went in.  And I know that fires can get pretty nasty.  I also know that there were these three young cats who an evil king ordered to be put in a blazing furnace.  He even ordered it to be heated seven times hotter than normal!  Question?  Sure, go ahead.  "Eric, that sounds awful!  What happened to them?"  Well, let's just say that those three you fellas kept their cool.  "Did they survive?!  C'mon, bud.  Ya gotta tell me!"  You already know that I'll never do your legwork for you.  You can read all about 'em by clicking here.  

Dear readers, when we endure our pains, hurts, and the things that press us, we're better for it.  We're also able to help other folk by way of our painful experiences.  There are many, many reasons that we should endure and do so with a good attitude.  I've given you a few and I'll leave you with this.  When you endure the fire, you become better equipped to Start A Fire.  Because as its been said, "The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."  And that's exactly why you need to endure.  So you can become a fire starter!  Some of you just got too excited!  That's cool.  Keep your level of excitement right where it is and bring it with you as you join me on my new webinar, and I'll teach you all about how to Start A Fire.  

To learn more about what you need to do to start your fire, join me on my new webinar, Start A Fire! on November 10, 2014 at 7.30 PM EST.  During this special call, I'll teach you:

- How to set up your fire
- Tending your fire
- Equipment needed for the fire  



You’ll also receive:
 SPECIAL ACCESS to the EXCLUSIVE RECORDING! 
- LIFE-ENRICHING, insider leadership tips!
EXCLUSIVE PRICING for January 2015 training: Fit In ‘15!

CLICK HERE TO REGISTER NOW!  

SPACE IS LIMITED AND GOING FAST!

 

REGISTER NOW!  

BECAUSE IT’S NEVER TOO EARLY OR TOO LATE TO START YOUR FIRE!  


CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT WHY THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE! 

   

Webinar: Start A Fire!
Date(s): Nov 10, 17, 24, & Dec. 1
Time: 7.00 PM—8.30 PM EST


Join me!  It's guaranteed to be a hott time!  (Sorry, with all of the talk about fire, I couldn't resist!)

No comments:

Post a Comment